'Mukbang-holick' follow the recipes from Korean TV shows
[By Kim Hyo Jin] South Korea is in serious addiction with Mukbangs. While various food programs are pouring out like floods, TV shows that feature the talents eating or cooking are becoming more popular.
As the recipes that make use of easily accessible ingredients become very popular, the dinner menu of viewers usually unifies into one. When you see the simple dishes made with kimchi, which is a staple to Koreans’ refrigerator, or chicken that serves as a necessity to the weightwatchers, you begin to think you’ll be able to follow the recipe to cook up something for yourself.
So, what are some of the easiest recipes you can follow as simple and delicious the food on TV?
An egg, a common ingredient in the refrigerator. It is simple and delicious to eat it as a fried egg, but isn’t it time to try something new? Let's try ‘Egg Jangjorim’ (Egg boiled in Soy Sauce), which is easy to follow and has a long expiration date.
Ingredients: eggs, brewed soy sauce, anchovies, garlic cloves, sugar, honey, plum extract, green onion, sesame seed oil
1. Add 600 ml of water, 15 tablespoons brewed soy sauce, 15 cleaned anchovies, and 25 garlic cloves and 15 boiled eggs to a pot and boil
2. When the ingredients in the pot start to bubble, add 3 tablespoons of sugar and close the cover.
3. After about 5 minutes, lower to medium heat, add half of green onion and half a spoon of plum extract to rich flavor.
4. Finally, finish with a tablespoon of honey and half a spoon of sesame seed oil.
The finished egg can be stored in a refrigerator after it has cooled down. If you control the sodium levels by the amount of soy sauce and water, it can be a perfect snack. It is also good to use the egg jangjorim’s soy sauce to create a rice bowl. If you don’t feel like standing in front of a stove to boil the ingredients, you can always follow the ‘addictive eggs’ recipe, which has been popular recently. Only thing you have to do is to mix in hard boiled eggs with soy sauce, water, sugar, green onion and garlic, and let it sit overnight. It’s similar to ‘egg jangjorim’ but it reduces the hassle of boiling all of the ingredients.
A whole chicken
Chicken is familiar to everyone thanks to its affordable price. There are hundreds of dishes that use chicken as the main ingredient. Especially after a long and hot summer, treat yourself to a whole chicken that will boost up your energy.
Ingredients: raw chicken, water, red pepper powder, onion, green onion, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, salt, minced garlic
1. Add 10 cups of water, 1 onion, 1 green onion, and a whole chicken in a pot and start boiling. (At this time, add 1/3 cup of alcohol to enrich the flavor)
2. Make a secret sauce. Add 2 cups of red pepper powder to 1 cup of hot water and let it soak up the water.
3. Then add a half cup of soy sauce, a spoonful of sugar, 1/4 cup vinegar, and 1 cup of water to make a soy sauce.
4. Once the water starts to boil in the pot add salt and pepper. Turn the stove off, drain the pot over a sieve to separate the broth from the onion and garlic.
5. Add chicken and fresh green onions to the broth and boil it again until the chicken is completely cooked.
6. In addition, you can mix minced garlic, and mustard in to the pre-made sauce (#2) and enjoy!
After you enjoy the meat with the sauce, add kimchi, sauce, and noodles to the left over broth and boil it again to create a nice bowl of hot noodles. However, if you don’t have the time to follow the recipes, we recommend trying chicken dishes time to time. Especially the oven-roasted chicken is not fried, but it is roasted in the oven and it is characterized by a light taste. Located in a large-scale shopping complex in Hong Kong, Tseung Kwan O District, Goobne Chicken is a Korean No.1 oven-roasted chicken brand that has been loved in Korea and overseas. The most popular menu here is the crispy and sweet 'Honey Curry Basasak Chicken'. In addition, you can enjoy a variety of menus including ‘Gochu Basasak Chicken’, ‘Soy Garlic Chicken’, ‘Egg Rolls’ and ‘Cheese Tteok-bokki’, ‘Chicken skewers’, ‘Kimchi fried rice’ and ‘Iron plate cheese bulgogi fried rice’. (photo by Goobne Chicken, tvN ‘Sumi’s Cooking Class’, 'House Cook Master Baek' official homepage, bnt news DB)
▶ Still Hot in Hong Kong during September
▶ Late Vacay is in trend! How to enjoy Hong Kong theme park & aquatic activity?
▶ If you wish to live long without the concerning of Alzheimer’s disease, please analysis on your gene through ‘Mygenomebox’
▶ Korean Entertainers falling in love with Hong Kong
▶ Fight fire with fire, Spending hot summer with hot chicken in Hong Kong
Write: 2018-09-12 17:31:06 / Update: 2018-09-12 17:43:24
The bnt news provides the latest news coming with 6 languages including Korean, English and French leading not only cultural but also industrial Korean waves.
|| | Click on the photo you can see the next picture.
[bnt photo] Red Velvet Seulgi 'Today sexy diva' 180907
All rights, including copyright ⓒbntnews.co.kr, in the content of these bnt news site are owned or controlled for these purposes by the bnt news.